Matthew 5:43-48


Matthew 5:43-48New International Version (NIV)

Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.



This is a great reminder to live your life different. If someone sends negativity your way, don't react in a negative way. React in a way that shows you are better than that. Remember to love all no matter how they treat you. Hold yourself to higher standards. Don't feed into the nonsense. 
I know first hand how difficult it can be to not give in to the negativity. I have to deal with people that throw negativity out all the time, regardless of the actual situation, and I have responded with the same level of immaturity for a while. I have since learned to not worry about what is said to me or about me, my life, my family, what I do, etc and to do what I want anyways. These people with bad attitudes do not affect me in a negative way anymore. I find myself being able to listen to the nonsense they throw out and keep doing whatever it is I am doing, I don't get involved because it is just not worth it anymore. 

Do you have negative people in your life that you have to deal with? How do you react to them? 

Comments

Popular Posts