Our Experience At St Pete College



Glenn has shown an interest in going to school locally so we decided to head on over to St Pete College, Gibbs Campus, before our scheduled tour at USF St Pete.

When we got there, the campus was pretty empty, assuming most of the kids were in classes and it wasn't a scheduled tour so we weren't too sure what to expect. This was kind of our first experience in going to get information so we honestly had no expectations. We do know people that have attended the school and we do know a few people that work there so this honestly would be a good fit for our family. 


Upon arrival into the administration building we were able to figure out where to go and where to get information from but when we got there the man asked my son what grade he was in and then told us to come back at a later time, closer to 11th/12th grade. Now, yes he is in 10th grade but there are options for him to take classes on the local college campus over the summers as well as during the school year so why would we not be given information? We were both a bit disappointed in the response we got and kinda just walked away at that point. 
On the way out we noticed a dedicated area to the College of Education and I am not sure why he didn't just send us there since my son was interested in getting info about teaching courses. 
Anyways, overall we were left with no questions answered, were given no information, and a bit disappointed in the overall experience. We were only there for less than 20 minutes and once we arrived at USFSP it was a totally different vibe. I am not sure if it was simply just not having a scheduled tour or just an off day for those in the office/admin areas but I have been a walk in at other colleges when I was looking at them for myself and I was given alot more information and a more friendly vibe overall.
Now again, we do have friends and family that have attended here and work here so I dont discredit their education or academic value at all. I think both my son and myself were just thrown off by the eagerness to move us along. 



To visit St Pete College or to get more information, visit their website here
Gibbs Campus is located at 6605 5th Ave N in St Petersburg, FL 33710 



Comments

Popular Posts