2 Liter Planters #Pinterest

April 06, 2014




Spring is here, not that is was every really so cold here anyways but that is besides the point. I picked up some carrot and cucumber seeds a few weeks ago at the store and wanted to plant them in something so the kids could watch them grow. I have seen these 2 Liter bottle planters all over Pinterest lately so figured, WHY NOT! I am not a gardener, I am not good with plants, and I guess I have the black thumb of the family so this could not be so difficult to handle, hopefully! Garrett and Em think we planted carrots for the Easter Bunny so I am hoping they will start to sprout between now and then.


                             Happy Sunday                                     

Things you need. 

Get the bottle ready.


2 Liter Planter (work done by Tierney)  





2 Liter sub-irrigation planter - I'm going to try this by robindu

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. That is neat, I would have never thought to do that. I have seen them made using just just the bottom but to flip it over and insert makes it so much better! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so easy! I plan on making a garden this year for the first time ever because our new place has a garden out front but this is a nice option for those who have to do it indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea! My daughter has been begging to plant something - we'll have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! We live in the city, so container gardening is out only option. This is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! I need to do this and grow some cat grass!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, these are awesome and I didn't know they were so easy! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great re-purposing experiment. I'm going to try this with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful idea! I think we may start seedlings this way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant! My husband and I were just talking about planters for our garden this Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this one too last year I think on Pinterest too. I might have to try this on some of my plants, but gotta collect those liter bottles. I love gardening and can't wait to see any growth in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! I'm definitely going to use this one! I have been planning to plant something.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great project! Love that you can see the vegetables grow and the use of recycled items. Thanks for visiting www.mybigfathappylife.com

    ReplyDelete

Collaborations With

Collaborations With

Subscribe