Grief: A Mama’s Unwanted Journey {Book Review}




Grief: A Mama’s Unwanted Journey is not for those looking for pat answers, quick fixes, or easy solutions to work through, but for those on the journey through the sting of death. It is also for those who may one day walk arm in arm with another down this horrible road, facing grief’s raw and searing pain.

Grief: A Mama's Unwanted Journey is something I did not set out to read. I have never had to go through the loss of a child so I can not say I know what that feels like. I can say that this book is a very honest and real account of how grief from the loss of a child can impact lives. 
Shelley Ramsey's oldest son was killed just a few months before graduating high school. He was in a car accident and the story goes through the journey that is now Shelley's life. It goes through the days and years following the loss of her son. The story is very real and very open. While reading you can see where the author steps outside the story and notes on things she wishes she had done differently. I think that aspect makes this a great read for anyone dealing with loss, especially loss of a child. Being able to go through the story from her direct point of view and then allowing other thoughts on doing things differently gives the reader(s) options on dealing with grief. The story is not only in regards to Shelley but her family as well and can see the faith the family has. 
I would recommend this book not only for those going through the grief process but others affected, friends and families can surely relate to the feelings that are in this book. Grief gives you a good, honest look into the journey of loss and grief.



I did receive this book in exchange for my review. All opinions and thoughts are honest and my own. 



Comments

Popular Posts