Style and Savings with JCPenney Optical {back to school}

I received a JCPenney gift card for the purpose of this review. This post was made possible by Mom Spark Media. Thoughts are my own.


Back to school! 
The countdown has already started and with that comes all the back to school shopping. The new backpacks, pens and pencils, notebooks, and of course the clothes. For some kids that also means new glasses! But kids want color options and designer frames! So where do you get the best deal of the summer? JCPenney Optical! 


We got to the Optical Department and there was only 1 other customer so we got in with no wait. You can call ahead and make an appointment but if you happen to be in the area you might as well stop in, who can pass up a deal like this?  The lady was super nice and was able to direct us to the frames included in the deal. There were 2 full racks on the back wall and 3 spinning racks with frames from Converse, Arizona, and Crayola....I didn't even know Crayola made frames!  


So many different choices. There were hearts, pinks, blue, greens, purples, and black. Thin frames, thick frames, cutouts, and colored lenses.We were there for my daughter but there was a pretty good selection for boys including the Spongebob ones.  Considering they are only $29.99 I can easily go back in and grab a pair for any of the other kids.  


She was not a fan of the pinks and purples but she tried them on just to see what they looked like. Tierney had some trouble deciding on what she wanted until she saw the black frames with the black skulls. She is a Halloween baby and loves all things Halloween. I think those were the last thing we would have expected from JCPenney Optical so we were both definitely impressed! 


Right now JCPenney Optical is offering a complete pair of kids's glasses for $29.99! That is a crazy good deal especially since most of the kids frames we looked at were between $75 and $120. Tierney loves to shop so having the opportunity to let her go from frame to frame and not really have to worry about the price was awesome.  You can find your nearest location here, and take advantage of this deal. 


The Back 2 School Deal: Includes any kids’ frame up to $120, FREE impact & scratch-resistant polycarbonate lenses, FREE UV protection and FREE eyeglass protection plan for any school-aged child 16 & under. The JCPenney Optical Back 2 School promotion runs 07/06 – 09/15 in stores. 
This promotion does not include an Eye Exam however JCPenney does accept most forms of insurance. If your child does require special lenses or chooses frames that are not included in this promotion you will be responsible for any additional costs. 

Be sure to enter: The Glasses 4 Classes Photo Contest that will be on the JCPenney Optical Facebook Page . Just snap a picture of kid(s) preparing to go back to school and share it on Twitter, Instagram, or the JCPenney Optical Facebook Wall with the hashtag #PicMyKidContest. Or upload it directly via the entry form on the JCPenney Optical Facebook Page. Dates for entry: 7/8 – 8/16
*Twitter and Instagram accounts must be public for the entry to be official.
*12 winners will be picked to each win a $30 JCPenney gift card to purchase new frames for their child.

Disclosure: I received a JCPenney gift card for the purpose of this review. This post was made possible by Mom Spark Media. Thoughts are my own.

Comments

  1. These look like amazing deals! I need to check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the glasses that you picked out they were so chic and cute too!http://www.fadedspring.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a crazy good deal! I have to take 4 kids next week to get their eyes checked. I know 3 of the kids will need new glasses and/or lenses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter is on the edge of needing glasses. I am glad there are reasonable choices as I am sure she will change her mind a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My oldest daughter wore glasses throughout elementary school and finding new ones, that were cute and affordable, each year was always a hassle! Great to know that there are so many affordable options now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We do a lot of shopping for Back to School at JCP. Right now, my boys aren't in the need of new glasses, but it is something I can keep in mind for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No one in our family needs glasses yet. Hopefully it stays that way but then again glasses do look so cute these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This just reminding me that I should probably go back to the eye doctor soon. Picking out glasses is obviously the only exciting part!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My oldest has worn glasses since Kindergarten and I love all the selection now available. So much more style than when I was a kid in glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great deals! She looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are all blessed with great vision in our house, but I've heard how costly glasses can be! This sounds like an AMAZING deal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to get myself some new glasses! Thanks for highlighting this deal. I will check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm definitely overdue for new frames. I'll have to give JC Penny a chance this time around. I hope my kid doesn't inherit my eyesight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a great deal on glasses! Luckily, so far, my daughter does not have to wear glasses yet. However, I'm sure one day she will because both my husband and I have some pretty bad eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a great deal for eyeglasses! I might have to stop in to get a couple new sets for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! What great deals! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are cute glasses! I'm probably overdue for an eye exam myself.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like they have so many styles of glasses. I seriously cannot believe that school is almost back in session. Summer flies right by, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I will have to check them out. My son has his eye check up on Thursday and will undoubtedly need new glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a good deal! I'm blessed that our insurance covers my children's prescription glasses needs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a great deal. The frames are super cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great deals I need to change my glasses now thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  23. I remember getting really good glasses here years ago before the summer ends! Always good deals.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those are adorable. I kind of always wanted glasses when I was little...

    ReplyDelete
  25. They have some nice looking frames, and the fact JCPenney locations are convenient doesn't hurt either!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thats great that you were able to get in so quickly, as my local optometrist's office is always so busy that I usually have to wait for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great deal on glasses. They have a nice selection of frames. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are great deals from JC Penny. Especially since almost everyone in my family needs glasses! This will definitely help me save more.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such great deals and I love the styles y'all modeled :)

    xo Bree
    http://bree-west.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, I didn't know Crayola made frames either! How cool! Xo
    Chelsea // trendychelsea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that, too. I need a new pair of reading glasses, so I will check this out.

      Delete
  31. My husband goes to JCP Optical for his glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  32. My son has to get glasses. I need to get it done this week, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I completely forgot that JCPenneys had an eyeglass area – it's kind of hidden in my store, and you have to walk through a certain door to actually come across it. They have some good prices on eyeglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Back to School shopping is already on its way, where kids wants almost everything new for the year. And I agree they look for glasses with best colors & frame designs that goes well with their personality. JCPenney sounds quiet promising to find the best you want.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow! JCP has such awesome deals! Will have to go check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great promotion. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  37. JCP is one of our favorite stores! Will check these out next time we're there.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is such a great deal for those who wear glasses. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I never think about going to JCPenny to look at glasses. Maybe this year I will go check it out. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I need to check that out. I am always looking for deals on eye wear.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I wish this was around when I was a kid! Great options and great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  42. We need to get glasses for my son. I love JcPenney I should try the optical department.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Everyone in my little family wears glasses except for the little guy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts