Wasted Youth // Orlando Mass Shooting



My blog is not about news and it certainly was never to be used for news sharing, especially of shooting incidents but this is all in my home state. Over the weekend it was the teen shooting in our neighborhood and now it is a mass shooting in Orlando. 
I don't know, this is all very sad and disheartening. How do we go out anywhere anymore? There are shootings at schools - daycare through college -, shootings at movie theaters, shootings at restaurants, shootings at celebrity, or with any fan base, shootings at work. It is everywhere. 

Its not just gun control, people can gets guns legally and illegally. Its not just about mental illness, I think alot of shooters play that card just because they know they can. Its not just about hate crimes, people are entitled to their own beliefs and opinions. It kind of seems so overwhelming when you look at the bigger picture. All day yesterday I spent time trying to figure out how to help these kids around here, there are so many teen shootings, and it just continues on. Then you have something like this happen and it makes you wonder if there is any hope left, on a local level and on a global level. Who has the ability to stop this stuff? 1 person? Certainly not! A group of people? Not really! How many groups are there to advocate for victims? How many groups are there for gun control, mental health, hate crimes? Google it and you get a ton! So why can't we as a group, the US, come together and figure this out already? We are wasting our kids youth by not being able to do something. Wasting it. They can't go to school without us worrying. They can't go to concerts without us worrying. They can't enjoy their lives anymore and they are totally unaware of all they are missing out on because it has become the norm. 

Comments

  1. It's so sad. I was just reading a post about explaining this to our kids. It's the part of life I wish we could just skip over. It honestly makes me sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in Paris during the terrorist attack last year and I agree that a lot of young people's lives are being wasted as they live in fear of going to concerts etc. It's difficult to know how to tackle such an issue but I think step one is making guns illegal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I heard about that sad event I was so shocked ! My city, Brussels was hit by terrorist attack a few months ago too and the feeling you have when it's happening in your own city is crazy ! I can't even put words on it. My heart are with all the families, the friends of all the victims and to the victims theselves

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad, so sad that this is part of our daily life. The world needs to change :(

    Rakel ♥ www.alovelystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sad story. The world is just a scary place to live in now things that should be paid attention too gets overlooked too often

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so awful! My mum has a hard enough time me doing anything alone anyway, now it's so much worse. Plus I'm scared to do things too. But that's what these people want! It's so so sad and I really feel for all of the families and friends. It could have been anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's such a horrible, horrible thing that happened and it's terrifying how common attacks like that are. It's difficult for me to even think about.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts