Trunk Or Treat Monster Theme




Sorry for this almost last minute post but a little less than a week ago we signed up to do Trunk or Treat at the church. It was a very last minute sign up with the church and we weren't too sure what we were going to go with as far as theme went. Since it is the church we didn't want anything too scary.

After searching around on Pinterest we decided on a monster theme. We would be able to make it more fun than scary. Luckily the kids and I were in Party City the other day and bought an oversized monster decoration, but all the walls we had to use it on were not looking right for me, so I ended up just putting it aside until I could figure out what to do with it, or put it away till next year. I pulled it out of the back room and we used it as our main decoration. We went back to Party City and walked up and down for a bit, trying to find some monster stuff but most of it was Monsters Inc, we wanted a more universal look. We had picked up candy at Sams Club the day after we signed up so we had plenty of that. We ended up buying some streamers and tissue paper in coordinating colors, along with some small temp tattoos and spider rings, and little Halloween toys.

The only problem was I could not figure out how to keep things hung up in the back of the truck. Tierney and I ended up tying yarn from one side to the other on the seat belt adjusters. Then we just cut the streamers and hung them over. The eyes of the monster were secured to the yarn with a thin wire. The mouth is overly huge so I don't know if it will stay or not but for now it is just being held up by the back of the seats. We cut tissue paper and filled each with candy and toys, tied them up and put them into bins we grabbed at Dollar Tree. I also wanted something over the back of the truck, like a table cloth but I didn't have any extra Halloween ones and did not feel like going back out to the store so we used one we had at home.

SUPER EASY!!! I originally went into this thinking we had no idea what we were going to do or how it was going to turn out but I think it looks pretty good.



Comments

Popular Posts