Education Plan



Ugh. This is so insane to me and I can not seem to find any good answers. 
I was wandering around on the policies that Trump wants to establish and what changes, if any he wants to make, and I made my way over to education. Being a mom to 5, education has always been an ongoing issue. The number of good schools is failing and that in itself is very sad for our kids, and generations to follow. Even more so if no one does anything. 

I found this as part of his education plan
"Immediately add an additional federal investment of $20 billion towards school choice. This will be done by re-prioritizing existing federal dollars."
"Give states the option to allow these funds to follow the student to the public or private school they attend. Distribution of this grant will favor states that have private school choice, magnet schools and charter laws, encouraging them to participate."
"Establish the national goal of providing school choice to every one of the 11 million school aged children living in poverty."

The goal of this is to?...get kids into good schools? Leaving behind those that the good schools don't have room for to do what? Be stuck at their zoned school? 
Because this is why the 3 youngest are not in school. The schools here are horrible and they are just full of waitlisters and nowhere-to-goers?
I have been lucky enough to not be forced to put the kids into school because I stay home but there are many many more that can't do that. I don't understand why more isn't done for these schools. They can't get good teachers and they can't get kids to give their best. They fail the staff, the kids, and essentially the community.
So now I keep asking myself what can be done, honestly what is there to do? I have looked into the failing schools in our area. All of the elementary schools we are zoned for are F schools. And from the looks of it have been like this for a while now. This is doing nothing for the community. On my search for more information I found this little graphic, which proves back of my point on this issue. Something has to be done with this high-poverty schools because they are doing nothing for our kids, and nothing for our communities. 

(Source)


Comments

Popular Posts