I Did Not March, So Now What?



(photo source)
Ok, so I will admit, I was not one of the 3 million(ish) women that marched this past weekend. Not because I don't agree with the protest or because I don't believe in what they are doing. More so because I wanted to be more able to do something in my own time, my own way, I guess would be the easiest way to explain it. And I am sure I will get some backlash but that is fine.


I understand why all these amazing women (children, men, and families) were out there.
I understand that we want change and we want others to hear what we have to say.
I know that the art of protest goes back many, many generations. I respect all of that.
Change is possible.
So I want to take things in a different direction. I want to find those things that encompass women and women's rights and support them after the march. I went on a quick internet search and I must say I was overwhelmed with all that there was so I want to share a few of them I found that hopefully some of you will reach out to as well.

Economic Policy Institute
Common Cause
MoveOn
Southern Poverty Law Center
American Civil Liberties Union
The Welcoming Project

You can also take time to research statewide things going on as well as local. Keep informed with when the next election is, what is being voted on, talk to locals, go to meetings, show support in anyway that you can.
Here is how you can contact government officials.
US Senators
House Representatives



Change is possible! 
Protest and make some noise. Love your family. Spend time with friends. Be present. Tell your story. Offer a hand, an ear, or a heart. 
Do what you can, in your own way and even though you may not be surrounded by 3 million, and you may not be in pictures all over social media, but know you are doing something to help the generations that come after you. 







Comments

Popular Posts