*Wordless Wednesday* Losing a parent



Late Monday night my oldest sons best friends mother passed away. His friend is so much like family and we treat him as that. The boys are back and forth between our home and his constantly and they spend days on end together. I have lost a parent that I did not see often and I have lost a parent I was very close to so I kinda can relate to what he is going through. 

So this Wednesday is just going to be a little reminder that things change quickly and losing someone close is not easy. 



For some moments in life there are no words. - David Seltzer, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

There is no grief like the grief that does not speak. -Henry Wordsworth







To all the kids in my life. 





Comments

  1. This is so hard! We have a non-profit organization right up the street called Centering Corporation. They have Councilors that help kids with grieving process. Mostly letting them know that what they are feeling is ok to feel the way they do. They help children make pillows out of their loved one's t-shirts, make memory boxes and sell books that help them to understand their feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It is a reminder to cherish each moment you have with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to sad. The loss of a parent is so hard. My husband & I both lost our mothers in 2006 one in April the other in December. My MIL was also my BFF so it's doubly hard, but I keep remembering how they both live on in our hearts and the hearts in others. That's the best thing to remember I find. Prayers for them for the strength to find peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think about my parents every day. It is tough.
    POSH

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lost my father in April. It is one of the most difficult experience. I still wait for him to come through the door.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got home from our neighbors house where they held a balloon release in memory of their son that died last year. He would have turned 21 today. I offered to take video and pictures. It was so hard to see the pain on their faces, especially their son. They had two boys and the youngest still in high school was really hurting tonight. :'( I hate seeing other people in emotional pain like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to your little boy and his friend. Losing my dad last year was the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life. No little child should know this grief. Beautiful words...I needed to read those today especially.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts